Education is one of the three pillars of the Leeds Centre for Projects (LCP). We are focused on providing a high-quality student experience to UK and international students. We use our expertise to provide intellectual input and development for programmes and modules and support the delivery of project management education across the University.
We also have a thriving postgraduate researcher community which provides a supportive environment and access to training opportunities.
Undergraduate and postgraduate studies
The LCP leads on the delivery of two MSc programmes in the School of Civil Engineering:
The experience and skills of lecturers and guest lecturers from academia and industry was outstanding and really helped to shape my views for the future. (Paul Jones; Alumni MSc Engineering Project Management)
Academics associated with the LCP also contribute to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across the University including:
- MSc Engineering Management (Online Distance Learning)
- MSc Environmental Engineering and Project Management
- MSc Railway Engineering with Project Management
- BEng MEng Civil Engineering
- MA Global Development
Postgraduate research degrees
We supervise postgraduate researchers in the area of project management across industries and disciplines and facilitate interdisciplinary supervision. We encourage applications from individuals wishing to undertake a PhD in this area and are interested in discussing potential projects with applicants who would like to study with us. We welcome enquiries from individuals from underrepresented communities or with non-traditional backgrounds, e.g. senior professionals.
We have high expectations of our postgraduate researchers and expect a strong academic track record, commitment and enthusiasm. General information about postgraduate research at the University can be found here.
Doing my PhD at Leeds has been an incredible experience. Being involved with the LCP has provided me with the opportunity to share my research with vastly experienced academics, to discuss with other peers about my work and their own, and to receive very valuable feedback on how to improve the quality of the rigorous research we conduct at the University. The support, exposure, and opportunities we receive during our research has been critical for successfully achieving our objectives. Studying and conducting research at Leeds has been one of the best decisions I've made. From the people to the University and the city, everything has been exceptional. (Jose Rodrigo Juarez Cornelio; PhD researcher)
We welcome proposals in any area of project research, but at this time the topics outlined below are of particular interest:
- Dr Mohammed Abdelmegid: Operational research, productivity improvement and lean production, construction digitalisation, knowledge management
- Dr William Collinge: Health and safety, digitalisation, BIM
- Dr Jose Rodrigo Juarez Cornelio: Project Management, Risk Management, Major and Megaprojects, Project Termination, Unfinished infrastructure
- Dr Dicle Kortantamer: Leadership in projects, time-related issues in projects, value creation through projects
- Dr Luca Sabini: Sustainability transitions in construction, waste management, sustainability in fashion, Responsible project management, conflict of interests over sustainability objectives, sustainability transitions
- Dr Christine Unterhitzenberger: Project behaviour, organisational justice, project governance, sustainability
Get in touch
To make an informal enquiry about postgraduate research studies with the LCP please contact our Director Dr Christine Unterhitzenberger (email@example.com).